Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No Laughing Matter

It has been raining for almost a week here in GA. I guess the ground saturated and it all caught up. The rivers, streams and lakes have flooded, some people have lost their homes, and some have lost their lives.

Last night I had to work. The flooding hasn't been so bad out here where we are so I decided to make a go of it since 1. The day shift people were counting on us to come in and relieve them. 2. The patients are still there whether there is bad weather or not. I'd want my mothers nurse to come in. 3. I felt like my family was safe, otherwise I wouldn't have gone.

This morning I came home to this........















This is the Yellow River near our house. Usually you can't see much of the river from this point and all the land directly in front of me here is just a low-lying grassy area.




This area is usually grass. People often drive their cars down this "path" to go fishing in the river.

More "field"


This is right next to the road where I'm driving. Same area as the above pics. The flooding is so bad, I'm afraid if the river doesn't crest soon, it will cover the bridge as it has done in many other areas.

A lot of counties closed schools today. Of course Newton didn't. Rockdale did though, so Connor and Brady didn't get to go to preschool today. They cried when I told them that their teachers weren't going to be at preschool today so they couldn't go.... :-( I'm glad they like it so much though!!

I'm thankful to have gotten to and from work safely (I-20 was flooded just before Turner Hill) and I'm thankful that God provided safetly for our family, friends and our home!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is crazy. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets.

    ReplyDelete