Today everything went back to "normal." The kids all went back to school. I came home from work and went grocery shopping.
The boys had a great day at preschool today!!! Apparently the Rockdale County Fire Department came out to see them today. They loved it to say the least!!! The teachers said "They weren't scared at all!!" And I wonder if that's really all that surprising, unfortunately, not much scares them. Which is why I frequently find Brady trying to jump off things and Connor will eat anything. He told me tonight "Mmmmm, Mommy the trash can smells good." **pause** Sorry I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yeah, we had a good little talk about what is good to eat and not good to eat.
Connor and his "Pokin" in his fire fighter hat
Brady and his firefighter hat and his "punkin"
After school we stopped by The Market Conyers. I was really disappointed by the organic produce selection at Publix this week!!! So I stopped by to pick up some produce. Really I should just start buying all of my produce there!!! It's so cheap!!!! Whether you buy organic or not, check it out www.marketconyers.com
When we got to The Market Connor started yelling "Mommy look, it's a pokin, it's a pokin!!!" Me-"You mean a pumpkin?" Connor-"Yeah, a pokin. It a heavy pokin Mommy." So here are the boys sitting with the pokin. As we were leaving with arms full of fresh produce, the owner asked the boys if they'd like their own pumpkin......that made their already great day, even better!!!
On the way home I stopped to take some pics of the flooding. The river has really gone down in most areas. Only a couple roads are still closed.
The bridge by our house on Tuesday....
Today...
You can see the line of mud where the water was at it's highest.
The field next to the road on Tuesday....
Today......
This area usually has NO water in it at all.
I'm so glad the boys enjoy preschool so much. I worried over the decision to put them in preschool, but they LOVE it!! They beg to go and cry when they can't. Their faces just light up when I come to pick them up and they get to tell me about their day!!!
The boys had a great day at preschool today!!! Apparently the Rockdale County Fire Department came out to see them today. They loved it to say the least!!! The teachers said "They weren't scared at all!!" And I wonder if that's really all that surprising, unfortunately, not much scares them. Which is why I frequently find Brady trying to jump off things and Connor will eat anything. He told me tonight "Mmmmm, Mommy the trash can smells good." **pause** Sorry I just threw up a little in my mouth. Yeah, we had a good little talk about what is good to eat and not good to eat.
After school we stopped by The Market Conyers. I was really disappointed by the organic produce selection at Publix this week!!! So I stopped by to pick up some produce. Really I should just start buying all of my produce there!!! It's so cheap!!!! Whether you buy organic or not, check it out www.marketconyers.com
When we got to The Market Connor started yelling "Mommy look, it's a pokin, it's a pokin!!!" Me-"You mean a pumpkin?" Connor-"Yeah, a pokin. It a heavy pokin Mommy." So here are the boys sitting with the pokin. As we were leaving with arms full of fresh produce, the owner asked the boys if they'd like their own pumpkin......that made their already great day, even better!!!On the way home I stopped to take some pics of the flooding. The river has really gone down in most areas. Only a couple roads are still closed.
The bridge by our house on Tuesday....
The field next to the road on Tuesday....
I'm so glad the boys enjoy preschool so much. I worried over the decision to put them in preschool, but they LOVE it!! They beg to go and cry when they can't. Their faces just light up when I come to pick them up and they get to tell me about their day!!!

I wish I was that excited about going to work!! LOL! I love the firefighter hats and the pumpkins are awesome!! I would also like to have a nice, cheap produce store...all we have is Fresh Market and it is EXPENSIVE!!! That usually doesn't stop us from shopping there.
ReplyDeleteYou have an award at my place!
ReplyDeletehttp://this-life-is-mine.blogspot.com/2009/10/over-top.html